This series of 2 classes was delivered by team teaching. I was unfamiliar with Haiku as an art form and learned with the first year students. After an introduction to the characteristics of an Haiku both teachers and students set about writing their own - based on the One Athy, One Book project - "Holes" by Louis Sachar.
In the follow-up class we each presented our poems and reflected upon them. I photcopied my homework and the class critiqued it. Initially, I was graded 10 out of 10; but after further reflection by the class my final mark was 8 out of 10. Reasons: students noted that I'd omitted a comma where it would have aided meaning and a very astute student noted that I'd deviated from the characteristic theme - i.e. nature. We all learned a lot from each other. Our work is being made into a poster for the classroom.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment